Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.......

Okay, well maybe not the most wonderful time of the year....but pretty close. As my kid's freedom was coming to a close today, my was becoming wide open. I braved the dark morning hours with my middle daughter (as Daddy is in Florida) and sent her off to 7th grade. Don't adjust your screen, yes it is rather dark at 6:30 in the morning. All of you who know by trait I am not a morning person, will know what a sacrifice this was for me! Next older daughter left for the big 1st day of high school!!!! How can we be old enough to have a high schooler you ask, I don't know either! She is in the STEM program this year, and has some big challenges ahead of her. Then youngest daughter was dropped off at the new Charter School, sporting her uniform( navy, white, and khaki color outfits-oh the choices!). I celebrated my day by going to Starbucks and getting a carmel macchiatto. Yum-0! I entered Target to pick up a few school supplies we hadn't got, and was pleasantly surprised by the emptiness of the store-early mornings do have their advantages! While I do miss having youngest daughter home with me, we did enjoy homeschooling last year, I know the girls were excited of the prospects the new year holds. All have come home with smiles on their faces, and have had a great first day of school. I hope all your "first day backs" went as well.
-C






5 comments:

60 toes said...

Did your girls go to SB2W this year?

California Natives said...

No. They went to Centerifuge with the church youth group. Itwas a disappointment-at least for the Junior High Age. They would like to go back to SB2W next year. So if we are still here in MD we will let them.

60 toes said...

are you still at LPBC?

California Natives said...

Yes. We,sad to say, are not members yet, we had planned on moving to GA-but they had a freeze at the last minute..so we are waiting...feeling a little guilty but not quite sure where we belong at a church yet.

GoughRMAK said...

Our first couple of days have been pretty good. Alec is having to make new friends. All of the friends he has been around for the past 8 years are all in different classes. This could be an interesting year. Kaitlin got the teacher and classmates she wanted and is having a ball so far.

The mornings have been a little slow, but that will improve.

Rich